Sunday, January 09, 2011

Uniforms & Colours webpage, re-modeled



I've taken some advantage of these latest days of reduced activity to completely re-build this website's webpage listing the Catalan/Galatan WSS Army. In place of completely replacing the old stuff, at the moment I've chosen to add a new webpage ("1713 army") without deleting the old one (http://what-if-catalonia.blogspot.com/p/army-of-galatea.html), so that eventual differences can be easily seen. At a later stage that "old stuff" page will be deleted, or re-used to host a Later Army listing... (congenital optimism, this of mine)

Except for those of Commanders and Hussars, all plates have been substantially re-modeled. Horse units plates are still using the excellent WSS trooper template kindly provided by David, but the Foot ones have been more thoroughly modified, because the template I had been using so far was actually that one of SYW times French Infantry, and I've gone progressively unsatisfied with my former choice; so in the end I've done some kind of merging between David's templates and those provided by the Catalan excellent "War of Spanish Succession Virtual Museum" (www.guerradesuccessio.cat) -Creative Commons licensed.

My knowledge on some historical details has been increasing a bit lately, so that I've taken advantage to re-draw some of the flags and standards shown in plates: that one of Aragon Line Cavalry, or Brichfeus' Dragoons, which are now closer to historical descriptions; or Lady Elisenda's IR 9, whose flags coats of arms no longer are showing the Royal Crown of Spain, but that one of Aragon instead -this latest change, by consistence with the Imagi-Nation's own general storyboard. This way, it can be clearly seen an definite evolution in flags, from "Senior High" regiments flying purely Austro-Spanish devices, to those "Junior" ones that show strictly "Imagi-National" emblems...

Later in the next months, I'll also be adding the name of each unit's Colonel and/or Lt. Colonel. And some new 15mm miniatures photos will be added soon; for I've just painted up, or am about to finish painting, two Infantry regiments, artillery and hussars. Lady Elisenda's Daughters of Minerva Regiment, among them ;) ...I'm quite happy with the overall result, I must say :)

3 comments:

abdul666 said...

A great work - very pleasant result!

Salvador said...

Now that you're onto it, our regiment's cassocks have just four buttons in its front, not a whole set like the others; the buttons are gilded. At least for the troopers...

Soldadets said...

Salvador,

Sorry for the delay, I almost forgot this one message from you!

True, you are 100% right. However, the same way I've altered the coats of arms in Colonel flags of non-"senior high" regiments (to make them look as progressively differencing from strictly Spanish arms), please allow me not to strictly follow actual Catalan uniformity patterns...

Thanks for your ever standing involvement in this project :)