Wednesday, August 22, 2012

So no one's going to sculpt her...

Most likely few of you have ever heard the Catalan expression "fer-se't les dents llargues" --literally, "getting your teeth enlargened". It is used when something provokes to you an intense envy or desire, I guess the expression is intended to illustrate the kind of "hunger" you're assaulted by in such occasions. Such is the kind of wild hunger I've been possessed by after watching at Emperor vs Elector blog the Minden superb greens of mounted personalities.



This time it was enough, though. Is no one going to sculpt such lovely miniature in 15mm? OK men, won't beg for it any more! If you can't get it anywhere, let's make it by yourself, then! (grrrrrrrrrr...) Damned Supply and Demand Laws...

(Oh Lord, what did I say?)

Well, as a result of such temporary alienation, I started stirring my lead mountain in search for the necessary bits to build a gallantly mounted Lady Elisenda of my own, as a true Frankenstein apprentice: --hum, that Preiser plastic farmer woman might to the job, only that her torso... --well, maybe if combining her legs with that Peter Pig she-pirate torso... --Hey, wasn't this the so famous green stuff? --OK, a 1/87 lady will need a bigger horse, such as those of Black Hat...

Well, this is a first approach. Much to be worked yet, admittedly.




Sincerely, what would you do to improve her? (Besides of waiting until a professional does the job, I mean)

8 comments:

Archduke Piccolo said...

Looks fine, what I can see - especially from the right hand side. But you might want to lengthen her skirts. Of course, painting might make a difference - impart a different look - but right now she might (seen from the left side) be a peasant girl.
Cheers,
Ion

abdul666 said...

Already promising, anyway.

And a perfectly logical decision: for years you are playing Pygmalion / Frankenstein with Galatea / What-if? Catalonia, and Lady Elisenda herself.

abdul666 said...

PS: would it be at all possible to give her a tricorne? Nothing 'tags' more blatantly a figurine "18th C."

Soldadets said...

Aha, thanks for your comments, that come to confirm my feelings.

@Archduke Piccolo, you're right. She'd have her legs less conspicuously shown. I'd try and lengthen them a bit. Besides, what about a particular footwear?

@abdul666: I've been musing with giving her a tricorne, and as a matter of fact I have a sample of such work on this very same torso: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-yH5ymVLR-5w/TMK3VciA6mI/AAAAAAAABo0/HOgEnZmn03o/s800/baixes001.jpg

However, such job on this particular model scares me a bit at so a late stage --it would have been safer doing it before assembling the metal torso to the plastic waist, and adding the green stuff...

Anyway, I must do something with her head, either adding a hat or giving her longer, flowing hair.

tidders said...

looks good to me, a hat maybe - paint and see the final result I say

-- Allan

ColCampbell50 said...

Maybe she needs riding boots under her skirt. You might also consider a fur hussar busby. What lady wouldn't like to have a fur hat?

Jim

Jeroen72 said...

Hi ;)

Im wondering if you aren't making it too hard on yourself??

Why would she be riding side saddle when going to battle??

A normal horseman with boo...ermm...female parts added could also work ;)

Paul´s Bods said...

Looks good..way better than I could do..and I want one in 20mm!!!!!!!!:-D
Cheers
paul

http://bodstonia.blogspot.de/